Thursday, August 21, 2008

A Whole New Look....

If you have been a regular customer, you might have noticed that my packaging has gone through several evolutions. While in the US, I have always used Oatmeal colored recycled paper boxes. When I was shipping from Australia, the postal regulations there required a different style of packaging. I spend countless hour cutting and folding little matchbook boxes and individually wrapping each one. The result was quite lovely but took a lot of time away from other important things like designing new jewelry.
Now that I am back in the US for good and finally have a respectable studio established, it is time to realize the vision I have had for my brand. I absolutely fell in love with this particular Damask pattern and have been incorporating it into my packaging and web design ever since. The former version was sweet and lavender. It was nice, but didn't quite communicate what I wanted. Well, I have finally had the chance to work on the evolution of this theme. The result, I think, is spectacular. I had custom stamps made by another Etsy seller. I have used the stamps to hand print the top and bottom of all my boxes, a tedious task I assure you! But it was well worth it. Along with a new shop banner and website, the packaging really pulls together the collection. I'm very excited about the new look and hope to see the reaction of my customers showing up in their feedback.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I love it....I'm a bit of a damask fiend. Can't wait to buy my next set of earrings so I can see it in person!

Barbra said...

What a wonderful presentation!!!